FROM MECALAC 8MCR TO CONRAD SBM 6.0 C RINSING MAST
FROM MECALAC 8MCR TO CONRAD SBM 6.0 C FLUSH DRILL MAST
May 13, 2020 | In collaboration with Ahlmann, Conrad converted a Mecalac GreenJob 8MCR crawler excavator into a Conrad SBM 6.0 C flush drilling machine with extra reach. The contractor; Van Moer Marc Dry suction and well drilling from Kruibeke in Belgium.
Dry suctions, also called well drainage, are installed to temporarily and locally lower the groundwater during earthworks. This prevents groundwater from flowing into the construction pit or trench. In addition to dry suction, well drilling is also offered in the region.
THE SBM SERIES FEATURED
The Conrad flushing drill mast SBM series was originally developed to be able to place filters in one turn for well dewatering projects. The basic product has been under further development for more than twenty years and that offers new possibilities. One machine is therefore not the other. Partly due to the great diversity of wishes and requirements from our clientele and the continuous innovative solutions, these Conrad drilling masts are supplied in many different versions.
The purpose of this Conrad SBM machine is to make flush drillings up to six meters deep and up to twelve meters deep. Use is made of a telescopic drill rod that offers the possibility to drill further away from the machine and even over obstacles. The boom construction makes the machine low and compact for transport. The mast can rest on the ground as well as in the air, so that the loading floor under the free space can be used.
The machine is also equipped with an extra counterweight and now weighs 8,500 kg complete with the flushing drill mast. With its 600 mm wide tracks you get a ground pressure of 0.34 kg per square centimeter. Because the drilling mast can be brought so close to the machine, a filter can be flushed right next to the tracks. In addition, it is possible to flush a filter up to four and a half meters from the heart over an obstacle.
The SBM can be moved easily and safely with the remote control, but also using the two pedals in the cockpit. All at a speed of 10 kilometers per hour. Due to the reversing device, the dozer blade is not the front as standard. In poorer ground conditions, an incision in the sod can be limited with the larger sprocket wheel to the front. The travel drive is also separated from the working hydraulics. For both the right and left drive motors there is a separate plunger pump that delivers 350 bar. This prevents the inner track from coming to a standstill when making a turn.
- Direct, fixed construction to the excavator, whereby the main boom is adjusted to create an optimal drilling arrangement and transport situation. In this case, the excavator and drilling mast combination is a two-unit.
- Connection of the drilling mast to the excavator via the quick-change system, so that the excavator remains multifunctional.
- Telescopic mast to achieve a relatively large stroke of the drill head within certain transport dimensions.
- Height adjustment between mast and main hinge with the aim of being able to drill well over sheet piles, or on deeper or higher surfaces.
- Transverse rotation adjustment between mast and main hinge for the purpose of allowing the mast to be vertical when the excavator is at any skew.
- Swivel & rotation device in the main hinge for optimum access to holes that have to be made flush against the wall or sheet piles, without having to move the excavator.
- The drilling process can be operated from the cabin by means of permanently installed operating handles. Both the drilling process and the excavator can be controlled remotely by means of radio remote control.
- Stroke | 6 meters
- Pulling force | 1,000 daN.
- Working range | between 3 and 4.5 meters with upright mast
- Offset in which the mast can be turned upright in an angle.
- Torque : 300 kgm.
- Diameter : 75 mm.
- Feed valve for filter insertion through drill head
- clamp | foldable
- Operation | completely from cabin
ABOUT VAN MOER MARC
Van Moer Marc from Kruibeke in Belgium is a specialist in dry suction and well drilling. The family business was passed from father to son. His son Marc took over the reins in 1996 together with his wife Kristel. They started with more than 10 pumps, but in the meantime the organization has grown into a company with +/- 200 pumps, both 230V mains, 380V motive power and diesel pumps.